Since children, pets and accident-prone adults often are the largest hazards to an area rug, it’s generally good to know the best ways to promptly and safely remove all types of spills and stains.
Take these great tips into consideration to keep your Pet Friendly Rugs looking and feeling incredible:
1. Promptly blot liquid spills, scrape solid spills and vacuum dry spills. A handful of liquid spills can be completely removed simply by blotting. Crucial tip: Our Pet Friendly Rug experts suggest that you never rub or scrub a stain and always move from the outer edges toward the middle.
2. In addition, before you use any solution on your carpet, test it on a hidden spot, such as under a chair or in a corner. Next, make sure to apply a variety of drops of solution to the Pet Friendly Rug and blot with a white cloth for 10 seconds. If no color or fiber damage is apparent, it's safe to proceed.
3. Now apply the suggested cleaning solution to a cloth, then to the Pet Friendly Rug or, if necessary, apply infrequently to the pet friendly rug. Work from the outside of the stain in, gently blotting and lifting the stain out with a clean cloth. Also, make sure to avoid rubbing. Turn and change the cloth consistently as well.
4. Next, gently spray the area lightly with water to rinse. Avoid over wetting the carpet, because excess water will seep into the padding and can damage the carpet.
5. Blot again with a clean cloth. Cover the stain with paper towels and weigh them down with a heavy object. Leave overnight so the paper towels will absorb any remaining stain. Fluff up the pile and allow it to dry thoroughly.
6. Repeat if necessary. A variety of stains take time to respond to a cleaning formula and may even need a second treatment.
A selection of different types of stains require a variety of action.
Water-Based Stains On Pet Friendly Rugs
Water-based stains include: fruit juice, coffee, ketchup, urine, soft drinks, wine, chocolate, vomit, etc.
Usually accidents such as pet stains come out a lot quicker and easier than oil-based stains and require a gentler treatment. Mix one quart of water with one teaspoon mild detergent and one teaspoon white vinegar.
Our experts suggest that you instantly blot with a soft towel and do not saturate the area on your pet friendly rug for sale. In addition, we recommend that you use a hair dryer to dry the cleaned area.
Oil-Based Stains On Pet Friendly Rugs
Oil-based stains include: lipstick, glue, wax, crayon, salad dressing, hair products, butter, shoe polish, etc.
First, do not use a cleaner containing silicone; this will weaken the rug’s fibers. Instead use a solvent spot cleaner or powder-based rug cleaner and carefully follow the directions on the label.
Other Types of Stains On Pet Friendly Area Rugs
Blood - Starting with cold water is key to successful removal. Next apply the detergent and white vinegar solutions.
Gum - Put an ice cube on the gum for 15 minutes. Then gently scrape off with a knife.
Ink - Apply a little nail polish remover and then use a mild detergent solution.
Warm Water Rinse
Pour warm water in a spray bottle or used a saturated clean cloth with warm water.