Enjoy the glistening beauty of your new Pet Friendly Rug for years with the help of this maintenance guide. Follow the below instructions carefully, and thoroughly, and you will increase the life of your new Pet Friendly Rug.
Unpacking Your Pet Friendly Rug
When first taken out of the packing and unrolled, your Pet Friendly Rug may have bulges that will prevent it from laying flat on the floor. This usually occurs due to tight rolling during shipment. Not to worry though as the rug will naturally flatten in a day or two. If the problem persists, our experts suggest that you please put a heavy flat object on top of it for 24 hours as this will help solve the problem.
Shedding Your Pet Friendly Rug
At the beginning, you will notice some shedding of the wool pile. This is a common occurrence with any wool product and does not reflect poorly upon the product itself.
Cleaning Your Pet Friendly Rug
Our experts suggest that you vacuum daily, or at least weekly. Also it is important to make sure you remove any grease spots with ordinary wool cleaning detergents. The frequency of cleaning depends upon the amount of foot traffic the Pet Friendly Rug receives. Caked on dirt is difficult to remove, so it is best to clean often.
Professional Pet Friendly Rug Cleaner
You may have the pet friendly rug cleaning done professionally, depending upon the amount of cleaning your area rug may need. Before getting professional cleaning help, our experts suggest that you take a few things into consideration:
1. Make sure that the cleaner knows how to clean your specific type of rug. Cleaning an area rug like a Pet Friendly Rug is a lot different then steam cleaning wall-to-wall carpet.
2. We generally advise that you Inspect the Pet Friendly Rug with the professional rug cleaner. Note existing stains and damage before it is cleaned, and specify the type of accident or spill (urine, feces, grease, wine, etc.)
Spot Cleaning Instructions
1. If you spill something on the Pet Friendly Rug it is important to clean it instantly. This will help prevent the stain from setting. Remember, once the stain sets it becomes more and more difficult to clean.
2. Never rub a spill, as it will set the spill deeper into the rug. Always blot with a clean white terry cloth. It is key to remove as much moisture from the spill as possible by blotting.
3. Use lukewarm water containing a wool cleaning liquid to remove any residual stain on your Pet Friendly Rug.
4. If water does not help, you can always use a solvent to remove a spill. Remember to pretest the solvent on a small, unnoticeable area of the rug by applying a few drops, then blotting with a clean, white, absorbent cloth, before diving in with a large amount of the solvent, or on a large portion of the rug (in case the rug doesn't react well).
5. Always, use clean tap water to remove any residual cleaner, and absorb any remaining moisture with dry towels. When dry, vacuum the rug to restore texture.
6. If the preceding steps do not help in proper cleaning of the rug, send it to a reputable professional area rug cleaner.
There are several options to consider when shopping for a pet-friendly rug, so that's why we've eliminated the guess work and created a website full of area rugs that are designed to withstand use, and accidents, from your pets! Click here to shop!